Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Our Story...

Ash and I began our lives together August 6, 1999...our wedding day.  3 weeks before we said "I DO" Ash had his first back surgery.  He had a ruptured disc that was too close to severing a nerve if he didn't have surgery ASAP!  So that's exactly what he did...
I remember walking into the hospital room after his surgery to see his pale white face laying in the hospital bed...it was overwhelming to say the least...
I remember him crying out in pain when they got him up to use that bathroom for the first time after surgery.  Little did I know how accustomed I would become to being at the hospital!
Seems like after that first surgery Ash was having more back problems like clockwork every 3 years.  Along with other ailments & injuries along the way...the running family joke was if it's weird it will happen to Ash!  not saying that he is accident prone or sickly but if IT was going to happen it would happen to Ash!
Fast forward 3 kids, 34 surgeries, and 18 years...
July 2017 we are on our last day of vacation in a beach condo on Hilton Head Island...Ash is getting out of the shower & slips on the tile floor and can NOT move!!!  I call for an ambulance to take him to the hospital to be check out since he can't move his legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Post from Vicki...

This is a post from Ash's sister... As I sit here and think about Ash going to the doctor tomorrow. I pray that the doctor we are to s...